1. An applicant must submit the following for consideration:
(a) A completed application for admission
(b) An official results slip or transcript and testimonial from the student’s last school must be submitted at the time of application directly to the Academic Office. If the student is currently enrolled in another institution, a transcript from the previous institution should be sent directly to the Academic Secretary. It is the responsibility of the student to arrange for transcript(s) and/or transfer form to be mailed and to ensure that they arrive promptly. Hand delivered transcript(s) are not acceptable.
The University reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the results slips/transcript submitted.
Degree Entry Requirements
Five main categories of candidates are considered for admission to the first year Bachelor’s Degree in the Regent University College of Science and Technology.
1. General Certificate of Education: Passes or credits in at least 5 subjects (including English Language, Mathematics and Science) the GCE Ordinary Level and 3 passes at the GCE Advanced Level. Two of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’ or better. A pass in General Paper must also be obtained.
2. Senior Secondary School Certificate: Passes in three core subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science, and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the SSSCE
3. Mature Student’s Entry Requirement (MSER): i. Age: At least 29 years. ii.The applicant must also pass the Mature Students Entrance Examination which comprises: General Paper (including a section on Quantitative & Analytical Tools). Special Paper to test standard of achievement in subjects relevant to programmes for which the candidate is seeking admission. English. The examinations must be passed at 50% in all three subjects before a candidate will be admitted to the selection interview.
4. Professional Qualification Candidates with 5 GCE ‘O’ Level credit passes including English and Mathematics and any of following qualifications may be considered for admission to the first year: a. Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) with at least 1 Distinction and 3 credits from accredited Polytechnics. b. Foundation and Intermediate levels of professional Certificates of relevant bodies c. RSA Stage II (5 passes) and Stage III (3 Passes).
5. Post-Diploma Degree Candidates with the following qualifications may be admitted to level 200/300. a. HND b. Diploma from a recognised Institution. c. Professional certificate (e.g. ICA Ghana) level 2, Chartered Institute of Bankers, with at least three years post-qualification work experience.
6.Foreign students may be considered for admission if they hold qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above. However, they must show evidence of proficiency in English.